South Central Alaska Beard and Moustache Club
1) At no time will this club collect dues.
2) Each voting member is required to have participated in the Mr. Fur Face competition.
3) Elections are held at Mr. Fur Face for Top three positions.
4) Votes are by voice only.
5) Each member has one vote.
Main Focus: To promote friendship and respect as well as support to local charities through the Miner's and Trappers Ball, where we hold the annual Mr. Fur Face competition. Women are welcome, but only in an associated, non-voting status.
Meetings: Formal meetings are held four to six times a year (members are spread out across Alaska), with informal gatherings throughout the year.
Government Registration: Since no money is required to belong and any events that deals with money are routed through the Miners & Trappers Inc which is a listed charity, we are not required to do so at this time.
Annual General Meeting: Main gathering- Held each year at Mr. Fur Face competition.
Membership Fee: We keep expenses to a minimum and do not require a membership fee.
WBMA_club_statement.doc. as submited to the wbma
1) When was your club formed- February 2003Miners & Trappers Ball
2) Names of executive committee members. Elections are as follows -To be each year at the Miners & Trappers ball by voice vote.
President Will Merrill, III, Vice-President - Jon Smiley, Secretary - David Traver, Coordinator - Neal Haglund, Webmaster - Bob Gengler, Treasurer - none required
3) WBMA contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you asap.
Email address for public knowledge- email@example.com and telephone number for public/members- 907-279-2553
4) Number of members- 57
5) Is your club registered with your government- Not required
6) Has your club established bylaws- Yes If so, they can be forwarded for members only knowledge -Not needed since we have posted them here.
7) Do you have regular meetings- Yes If so when do you hold these meetings or special events Two to three in spring and in the fall depending of fishing or hunting seasons (Fact) Someone may want to join you if they are in your area. Just email us and we will respond.
8) In how many world competitions have you or your members competed-total of (4)
9) Do club members intend to compete in future world competitions Yes
10) Has your club organized competitions in the past-Of course If so which competition- The great Mr. Fur Face competition -58 years old.
11) Does your club have specific goals - To have fun and support the Miners & Trappers Ball which has given us a wonderful venue to meet and compete in fun and friendship. Hosting future competitions or supporting charities may be examples you would like to include. Do you just enjoy the friendship among those with facial hair- Indeed we welcome both Full beard - Partial beards- and Moustaches , even right down to the soul patch.
12) What language or languages are read and spoken by your club- German, Norwegian Spanish and some Italian.
13) Do you have a website that you would like others to see - www.akbeardclub.com. If so please supply the address and the webmaster for link exchange. 14. Is your club interested in helping others to form a club-Only if in Alaska. If so what is the contact point- firstname.lastname@example.org
15) Other information you would like to include. We welcome all styles beards, moustaches and any partial beard in the Southcentral Alaska Beard & Moustache club. All are welcome to enjoy our home and friendship in respect and good will. Let it be known that all are welcome whether you belong to a club or like alot of Alaskans hold fast to the independant spirit so famious to our way of life here in Alaska- We welcome you in the in brotherhood and respect.
Below is what the WBMA uses to define a club: Proposed Definition of a Club Minimum of ten registered members. Executive board consisting of president, vice president and secretary/treasurer. Established bylaws stating the purpose of the club, the executive structure, member descriptions including qualification, fees and meeting structures. Regular meetings a minimum of four times per year. Registration with the government where it is required, naming the board members and announcing changes in the president and bylaws. Annual general meeting with election of officers. Membership fee. For a club to qualify as a member of the WBMA, that club must submit a club statement and meet four of the seven items listed above.
Notice To All
- Southcentral Alaska Beard & Moustache Club reserves the right to recognize any club, group and federation not meeting the above definiton in the spirit of expanding participation.
Let it be know that the Southcentral Alaska Beard & Moustache Club welcomes anyone who wants to participate in events that we post or promote, Be you independant or a member in the spirit of the "Great Land" deeply rooted in our way of life here in Alaska- We welcome you all in brotherhood and respect. We welcome your ideas and suggestions well....SCAKBMC.
*Please send all emails regarding Rules and Bylaws to David at: email@example.com